Saturday 2 July 2011

Bosom Friend

Part 1

     "Country roads take me home, to the the place I belong......" I was chilled to the bone when I was singing the song and strumming the guitar simultaneously at the roadside which throng of people passed by. It was my second year stint in a faraway country and was another frosty winter. Great cold and loneliness fully overwhelmed my weak and skinny body. Nonetheless, I was still there, sat at the corner of the street singing in the crowd as I pinned all my hope on this loathsome career to earn some money to proceed my life.


     That was a wintry somnolent Sunday dusk, my eyes were stinging from the chilled wind and my throat was as dry as a bone in such an extreme weather. I clearly remembered that I took the last swig of champagne which I ever afforded to buy to take the chill off that time. The taste of the champagne was the best in the world! Still, it was a glimmer hope for me to catch the people's attention with my voice when the people were getting fewer as the night had finally fallen. As I was one of the homeless people of no fixed abode, I just simply found a strategic spot to stay temporarily throughout the night.


     At the still of the winter night, the sound of footsteps on the street broke the stillness. It was them again! I couldn't afford to pay off the permit to stay here again. They were a bunch of hoodlums who intended to bully and snatched the little penny that I spent days to earn it. I was truly on the rack when the hoodlum's despicable action to grab away the money from me. Nevertheless, I could only defend myself shortly as I was being beaten unconscious.


     At that moment, I thought that my life would have been culminated under the gangster's beat to death. However, I was saved by her and survived........




Part 2 and 3
-Lost-



I wrote this when I was Form 4, that's years ago...
Sadly, I've lost the part 2 and 3. If you like this, then I might re-write the next parts in advance.



Your Song-Elton John 
Walk of Life-Billie Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks